- A uaccount linked to an Austrian social security number.
- The uaccounts permissions need to be set via a servicedesk ticket: Log on to managed PCs, printer use, etc.
- Permissions for the uaccount to the network share folder the calendar is linked to, done by the faculty IT support.
- Permissions set for the uaccount to use Exchange, done by the faculty IT support.
Note: It is not necessary to forward your E-Mails to Exchange to use only the calendar.
These instructions are for Outlook 365.
- Open Outlook.
- Click the 'More Apps' icon on the left of the screen, then select 'Folders'.
- Click the arrow next to 'Public Folders - your email address'
- Expand 'All Public Folders' until you find the calendar you're after.
- Right click the calendar and select 'Add to Favorites...'
- Click the 'Add' button to finish.
Go to your calendar by clicking the calendar icon. The public calendar will appear under 'Other calendars' in the side menu. Tick the box to have the calendar appear next to yours.
MS Office 2019 / Windows 10 & 11
- Go to the lower left corner of the Outlook window and select (click on) the three dot icon.
- A popup will appear. Click on “Folders”
- Notice that “Public Folders” now appears on your list:
- Click on the little triangle to the left of the words “Public Folders”
- Click on the little triangle to the left of the words “All Public Folders”.
- You now see all the folders available that you can choose from.
- By clicking on the little triangles, you can open up folder groups to get to the goodies inside.
- To add a folder to your favorites list, right click on that folder and select “add to Favorites”
- So start adding all the folders you want on your Favorites list. Once that’s done, there’s one final task you need to do.
- Now that you have your list of Favorites, you need to toggle each Favorite so it shows up in your normal Outlook view and it will show up in Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- At the bottom of the Public Folders listing, you’ll see a “Favorites” folder with that familiar little triangle.
- Click on the triangle to display all the folders you’ve added.
- One by one, for each of the folders you’ve added, right click and select “Show in Favorites”.
- When you are done, click on the little mail icon or, in older versions of Outlook, the word “mail”.
- Now you should see your favorites on the top left corner of your screen.
- Remember, these settings will follow you to Outlook Web Access (OWA).
Outlook Web Access (OWA) - via a Internet Browser
- Any folders added to OWA will also appear in your regular Outlook.
- Log on to OWA via https://owa.univie.ac.at
- On the left hand side of the screen, right click “Favorites”.
- A pop-up box appears, so click on “Add Public Folder to Favorites”.
- Click on the folder you wish to add, which will highlight it.
- To finish, at the top of the screen is a star followed by “Add to Favorites”.
- Click on that text and the folder will be added.
- You can only add a folder one at a time.
- Some folders have subfolders inside.
- So if you can’t find what you want, click on the little triangles to expose the subfolders.