- Create a new section in the journal (e.g., Open Submissions).
- Enable Reader Comments (Journal Management > Reading Tools > Reading Tool Options).
- Immediately Accept new submissions to this section, and notify author that their work has been accepted for open peer review, explain the process, and inform them that although their article will appear in the journal (as is), reader comments may require that it be revised or rejected.
- Immediately create a PDF/HTML galley file and schedule to latest issue.
- Monitor comments.
- After a specified period of time, unschedule the article.
- If comments indicate the article should be published as is, add any additional layout formatting and re-publish in the appropriate issue.
- If comments indicate the article requires revisions and/or re-review, change the editorial decision and notify the author. Follow the standard OJS process from this point forward.
- If comments indicate the article should not be published, change the editorial decision and notify the author. Follow the standard OJS process from this point forward.